Update: Monday October 26th, Opening Hope
Hello church, we want to let you know that Hope will be open for mid-week gatherings and for Sunday service this weekend! Thank you for your patience and grace over these past 2 weeks.
Since it is the last week of the month, please check with your small group leader as to whether your group will be meeting this week. Women's and men's are both planning to meet and we plan to be open for service this Sunday November 1st.
Given our recent experience with the virus, we again want to remind you to love one another and consider others by wearing a mask, washing your hands, and using caution to help prevent the spread.
You are loved,
COVID Update: Saturday October 17th, 2020
(In-Person Service Closed on Sunday, October 18th)
Good morning, I want to let you know that we have had two additional reports of positive COVID-19 test results of those who attended Hope last Sunday. That makes 5 positive results, and we have also heard from a few others who have reported they have symptoms. Our leadership team feels wisdom tells us it is best to close the church this weekend.
We have asked those who have tested positive, or have symptoms to communicate with all they have come in contact with and encourage them to get tested if they have symptoms. We also encourage you to communicate with me or David if you test positive so we have updated information.
Even though the church will be closed, we will still hold an online service with Chris Jennings leading us in worship and David Gannon bringing a message.
We will continue to communicate with you as information becomes available so you can make the best decisions for your family. Thank you for your understanding and we pray healing for those who are sick and protection for those who have not been infected. Thank you for your understanding, your prayers, and your continued support.
You are loved,
Isaiah 26:3 "You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you."
Video Update: August 7th, 2020
Video Update: July 31st, 2020
Video Update: July 24th, 2020
Video Update: July 17th, 2020
Video Update: July 3rd, 2020
Video Update: June 26th, 2020
Sunday Service Modifications: June 14th, 10AM
Sunday Service Modifications: May 31st, 10AM
Video Update: Friday, May 15th, 2020
*Watch the video above to hear about our plans to reopen on-site Sunday services starting May 31st, at 10am.
Video Update: Friday, March 27th, 2020
Video Update: Friday, March 20th, 2020
Video Update: Wednesday, March 18th, 2020
What should I know?
1. All physical gatherings are suspended until further notice (Sunday services, Youth Group, Small Groups, Women's, & Men's).
2. We will be livestreaming our Sunday worship service at 10am on Facebook live. We encourage you to conduct your Sunday mornings as usual, but instead of driving to the church building, visit our facebook page for live worship! You can visit our facebook page here or access the page via our home page on website.
3. We will still be hosting virtual small groups per our regular schedule (please contact your small group leader for more information).
4. Check out the video below for more important information about how we are adapting our ministries during this pandemic.
- How we are responding at Hope to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic?
- What will our services look like moving forward?
- How can you guard your heart during this tumultuous time?
- How are we going to implement "Social Distancing"?
- How are we going to continue to minister to our children, students, small groups, and others?
- How can we keep our hope in the Lord?
Pastor Bill and your Hope staff and leadership
Update: Saturday, March 14th, 2020
We continue to monitor the fast-changing situation with regard to the COVID-19 (CoronaVirus). We are planning to meet tomorrow for service for an important message on "Fear, Faith, and The Coronavirus", but we are making some changes. These changes are in line with what many churches around the country are doing on a temporary basis to help slow the spread of the virus.
1. We are canceling students, Next Step, and all midweek gatherings including small groups; for at least the next two weeks (through 3/28/20).
2. We will have children's ministry for babies through kindergarten age. Elementary school age children will be in the service. We will have sanitary wipes and hand sanitizer in the children's classrooms. We have thoroughly sanitized the classrooms.
3. We have implemented a "social distancing" policy where we are asking there to be no handshaking or hugging. (This will be a challenge for our church!). We will also open the balcony so there will be room to spread out for those who desire extra room.
4. There will be no coffee service or donuts :-(.
5. We will not pass the offering buckets, but will have buckets stationed in the lobby and Fellowship Hall to drop your Connect Cards and tithes and offerings into. We also have three black offering boxes placed around the church to drop you connect cards/tithes in as well.
6. We have Facebook Live set up and are working to have livestream and recording capabilities by the end of today. We will update you as we have information available.
7. As we have mentioned on prior communications, if you are sick or not feeling well, please stay at home.
8. We will continue to update our website through our "COVID-19 Church Update" page and we will continue to send you updates through our church email.
9. For those who need prayer or ministering to, our full-time staff and leaders are making themselves available by phone or email. We want to be able to assess any needs and help where possible:
Bill Borinstein - 480-544-1471 - email@example.com
David Gannon - 334-790-3995 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Eric Tooker - 602-318-9354 - email@example.com
Matt Brown - 520-49-8421 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ralph Nelson - 602-430-3388 - email@example.com
Please continue to pray for healing, our government leaders, and your church leaders.
You are loved!
Update: Thursday, March 12th, 2020
Dear church family,
We want to send you a quick update about how Hope is responding to the situation around COVID-19 (Coronavirus). We met as a staff team on Tuesday and then last night with our local leadership team to discuss different levels of precautions to keep our gatherings safe. We know that in certain parts of the world, the situation is much more immediate than in the Valley, but we want to be prepared as the virus continues to spread. First and foremost, we are asking that if you are sick, please stay at home. We are in the process of streaming our services through Facebook Live, and should have it working this weekend.
At this time, there are no changes to our regular gatherings and scheduled events, other than we will not be holding our Family Meal on Sunday the 29th. We will have a page on our website with updates, and will continue to send out communication through email, Instagram, and Facebook.
This Sunday I will be doing a Family Chat to discuss how believers are to respond to tumultuous situations. Paul reminds Timothy in 2 Timothy 1:7, “for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.” As believers we know God is sovereign, and this is a great time to deepen our faith and trust in him by deepening our relationship with him.
Below is our Level 1 precautionary plan for the church:
- Use wisdom– Proverbs 5:1 speaks of seeking God’s wisdom. That happens through Scripture saturated prayer.
- Sanitizing- We have a team that sanitizes our toys weekly; which we will continue. Our cleaning crew has been asked to be very intentional with their sanitizing. We will have wipes this weekend to use to wipe down door handles etc. We have been attempting to purchase hand sanitizer, but all places we have tried are out. If you have extra, we would appreciate you donating some to the church.
- Personal hygiene– wash your hands regularly with soap and water and be careful not to touch your face.
- If sick, stay home – Use wisdom. If healthy, then join us and “consider how to stir up love one another to love and good works by not neglecting to meet together as is the habit of some.” Heb 10:24-25
- Greeting changes– We are a church that loves to welcome one another. That should not change, but how we welcome one another should change. We recommend fist bumps, elbow bumps, or instead of high five, try a “wi-five” (hands up but don’t touch!)
- Online giving– We depend on regular, systematic, generous giving to cover ministry expenses, including the mortgage, utilities, staff, etc. Even if you are away, the ministry continues. Recurring giving can be set up online through our giving page found at: https://www.hopebibleaz.org/giving.
- Communion – We currently use individual cups for communion to guard against the spread of germs and we will continue this practice.
- Facebook Live– We are planning to have this up and running this weekend.
- Share Jesus – This is a great opportunity to share the good news with those who don't know Jesus and struggle with fear. As Christians, we should shine as a lights of hope, care, faith, patience, and prudence by demonstrating to the world how our faith provides true assurance against worry and fear.
- Stay up to date – Again, stay current through our website hopebibleaz.organd stay up with the Center for Disease Control (CDC) through their website: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html.
Please know that you are loved and we look forward to seeing you this Sunday.
Pastor Bill, the Hope Staff and Leadership Team
Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.